CHARTT BLOG

CHARTT BLOG

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm Gettin Hotter Cus the World's Gettin Colder

I just want 2 break down my favorite song of all time. I'd like 2 hear you thoughts on it. The song is Tupac - Staring at the world through the rearview

Multiple gunshots fill the block, the fun stops
Niggaz is callin cops, people shot, nobody stop
I wonder when the world stopped caring last night
Two kids shot while the whole block staring
I will never understand this society, first they try
to murder me, then they lie to me, product of a dying breed
All my homies trying weed, now the little baby's
crazed raised off Hennesey, tell me will my enemies
flee when they see me, believe me
Even Thugs gotta learn to take it easy, listen
Through the intermissions search your heart for a plan
and we turnin Bad Boys to grown men, it's on again
I give a holla to my niggaz in the darkest corners
Roll a perfect blunt, and let me spark it for ya
One love from a thug nigga rollin with a posse
full of paranoid drug dealers, to the end my friend

I'm seein nuttin but my dreams comin true
While I'm starin at the world through my rearview (see)
[repeat 2X]

(They got me) starin at the world through my rearview
Go on baby scream to God, he can't hear you
I can feel your heart beatin fast cause it's time to die (we)
Gettin high, watchin time fly, and all my motherfuckers
[repeat 2X]



Now I was raised as a young black male
In order to get paid, forced to make crack sales
Caught a nigga so they send me to these overpacked jails
In the cell, countin days in this livin black Hell, do you feel me?
Keys to ignition, use at your discretion
Roll with a twelve gauge pump for protection
Niggaz hate me in the section from years of chin checkin
Turn to Smith and Wesson war weapons
Heavenly Father I'm a soldier, I'm gettin hotter
cause the world's gettin colder, baby let me hold ya
Talk to my guns like they fly bitches
All you bustas best to run look at my bitches

Now I know the answers to the question, do dreams come true
Still starin at the world through my rearview (I say)
[repeat 2X]

(They got me) starin at the world through my rearview
Go on baby scream to God, he can't hear you
I can feel your heart beatin fast cause it's time to die
Gettin high, watchin time fly --
and all my motherfuckers/nigga can die
[repeat 2X]



In the 1st verse I'll break it down first. Take a look at the first 4 bars(lines). He starts off painting a picture of a murder and then goes on 2 say that no one stops implying the world doesn't care and then he even repeats what he said in different worlds to emphasize his point in lines 3-4. Depending on where your from you could take it as just when black people are murdered no 1 cares or you can take it as any murder, or both. It's really a perspective thing. 


Lines 5-6 can be taken alotta different ways because of the generalization. Again this is about perspective. Mine is that he transitions from his point in the first 4 bars with "I will never understand this society" and then he says they try 2 murder him then lie about it. I take that as thru him growing up they did that. I take it as how the system is setup. If your from the hood, like pac I think he's talking about putting gun shops, liquor stores and pawn shops in every hood on every block, puttin drugs in the community and all the other corrupt shit that happens then lying about it. Then he says he's the last of a dying breed, and time has allowed us 2 see that is true. I feel like his "dying breed" is people that care about it and speak 4 it instead of selling out.


Lines 6-7 is kinda just giving imagery on the last 2 lines. On lines 8-9 he calls those "sell outs" out. He says he wonders if they will run when they see him and by "him" I think he means the things he stands 4 which would be the truth about whats really going on. Then he proceeds 2 say even "thugs" need 2 learn to take it easy implying that no matter who you are you need to find a balance and which wars to fight. 


In lines 10-11 he says 2 take a break and search your heart 4 a plan. Then he throws a shot at BIGGIE n Diddy. Then in lines 12-13 he's sayin he wants shotout every1 in a dark place and by "dark" I think he means goin thru rough times. Then he says he'll roll a perfect blunt and spark it 4 you. Its just slang 4 him saying that he can help you feel better and wants 2. 


In the lines 14-15 he leads you out of the verse. He's talked so much about the world, but it's almost as if theres no hope at the end and he wants 2 make a connection 2 the listener by letting you know he's just like you til the end. 


I'll do the hook and bridge at the end..heres the 2nd verse.


In the first 4 lines he gives you another scenario, this time of how it is growing up for the average black man. In line 5 he says that you have the keys 2 ignition and its your choice on how you want 2 use them. But note, he never says what they are. The only context clue is in the lines before he talks about making money by selling drugs, however it's almost as if that isn't what he's talking about. In line 6, he eludes to what 2 do if you go that route, or what he had 2 do. 


In lines 7-8 he just says that the people in his neighborhood didn't like him because he used 2 beat their ass all the time and either he did or they turned 2 guns instead of fists. In lines 8-9 he says that he's gettin madder because no one in the world cares about other people or anything anymore. He's talking about the lack of compassion and the sense of selfishness throughout the world. In lines 10-11, he just compares his guns 2 girls and then says all the people he doesn't like will see them.


In the bridge/hook he knows the answer 2 the question, do dreams come true? He never says whether it's dreams as in when you sleep or dreams as in where you dream 2 go in life. But he says he's still starin at the world in the rearview afterward. When you look in the rearview you are ahead of what your looking at, but you looking back at it. That would mean he's accomplished what he's wanted 2 accomplish and now he's looking back it from a different point of his life like it's not really what he wanted but he thought he wanted it. He now understands what makes the world tick. Earth. 


Remember this world is composed of humans....earthly elements. I love this song...Unconditional Love is a close 2nd. 



No comments: