1. "Staring at the world thru my rearview" by Tupac --> reflects for me the world in its current state. It shows how little we as people have changed since he made this song.
2. "Life is a Bitch" by Z-Ro --> makes me think about a time in my life when I took things 4 granted like they were going to be there 4ever. Smh @ that time in my life, I see alot of flashbacks in my head when I listen to it
3. "Charlene" by Anthony Hamilton --> I feel like its a splitting image of myself as anthony hamilton and with the only girl I loved and let it slip it away. It tells how and the overall message, especially the hook, depicts my feelings toward her almost perfect.
4. "Sooner Than Later" by Drake --> I was showed this song and didnt understand it at first. One day I was driving and it all hit me. It's very similar to "charlene" but a lil more detailed. I'm impressed how drake captured my exact feelings in this song. It's about how you realize you really loved this girl after the smoke settles and when you go to tell her, she is in love with someone else. =(
5. "I Need You" by Lil Boosie --> Boosie uses the pronoun "You" to replace "Money". That's all this song is about. I was a senior in high school and I listened to this song over and over and over when I had no money. Then I started selling dope. The beginning of those days is what I reminisce about when I listen to this song.
6. "Homecoming" by Young Buck --> When I lived in New Mexico I used to listen to this around july/august before I moved back to Florida. It's about being on the road all the time and how it feels good to be home. It makes me feel like only I understand the places I've been, lived and seen. I just think about all those places, feelings and thoughts I'd have. It's something way bigger than myself.
7. "Must Be Nice" by Lyfe Jennings --> I've been listening to this for about a year, not too long but it does hit home. It's kind of a structure of this girl whose understanding, caring and complex. Almost perfect, but I wouldn't say that. This makes me think about that girl, and also makes me wonder if the guys who have girls like this or close to actually can cherish it and understand what they have.
8. "Lovers and Friends" by Usher, etc --> This takes me back 2 when I lived in Charlotte in 9th grade. It had just came out and I remember being at school at this talent show. I didn't know anybody, so I'm just sitting there and this kid performed this song accapella. It sounded amazing and I remember the place going nuts when he hit that high note halfway thru the verse.
There's alot more songs that I can connect with but not on the same level as the above 7. The 8th one is more of a story. I wonder if you would feel the same about these songs or be able to feel what I feel when I listen. Probably not, because we aren't the same but it's interesting. With that being said, do you know what songs trigger you on that type of level?

No comments:
Post a Comment