Im in one of those excited moods about my music right now. I've been and am listening to all the beats im considering using. I have 19, well like 21 I'm considering. I have 9 written. I almost jumped the gun and posted the track-listing tonight lol. I'll save that for another time though. I'll try to give away some clues though here. I've been up in ATL a couple times working with the production team drum majorsATL. They hav worked with young la, gucci mane, shawty lo, lil wayne, oj juiceman and others. Its ironic that I'm working with them because my music doesn't hav the same "sound" as the artists above. They're really good though.
I'll tell you that 7 of the songs were produced by myself. So far, 3 have been by a producer from Orlando I work with. So 10 were made in house. 4 were made by 3 different producers and then drum majors have 5, as of right now listed. I'm considering doing another 4 deal beat package with them again, so I may have 11 beats from them total (I have 2 on the mixtape). It's so important to really have your own sound as an artist and its critical you get with producers who understand that too.
As far as features, I really don't like buying an artist's cd where he's sharing songs. I buy that cd to listen to THAT artist and thats how I feel about my product. However, I'll hav some singing features. There will be 10 songs that need singing. Whether I do the singing or someone else does I have no clue. I don't want features lol. I know at least 4 will need true singers on hooks only. As far as rappers go, I dont want any rappers really. However there is 1 song that I produced and I'm really REALLY liking it that I think I know someone who is perfect for it. I am going to break out a BIG D verse 2 keep him alive. I got a beat made around the vocals of an old song we did so his old verse SHOULD fit onto the new beat. we'll see. Anyway if I put together a 19 song cd, there should be no more than 6/7 songs with features. Anything else, I feel like im sharing my life.
As far as a mixtape before the album goes, that's pretty much complete and depending on the lyrics I write, I am almost positive which song I'm going to release first. It's nuts and produced by drum majorsATL. The mixtape will be free. 18 songs is what Im shooting for, no less than 15. I'm in that window. I'm trying to keep it original as possible as far as the beat selection goes but I do have some songs on beats you'll recognize. Not much though. Anyway, I do not know when I'll be finished with this writing. I'm just taking my time, all I have is time. I'm not going to do it half ass. I'm going all in when I release this music and promote it. If it doesn't work, I can accept that as long as I know I went 100% with it. Thank you to everyone who truly likes my work, it reflects my thoughts. Take care.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment