CHARTT BLOG

CHARTT BLOG

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Never Never Land

It feels like somethings missing but I just dont know. It's like i'm not the same man that I was before.

I have so many thoughts going through my head sometimes it's hard for me to slow down and organize them the way they should be. I remember them all though. At what point do you become a man? How many of us know what we value in life? I was asked that the other day and I knew exactly the things I hold close to me. I am absolutely scared of leaving this earth before making an impact for my family, my future children, and people I will never meet. It scares to think about getting taken off this planet having accomplished nothing for anyone. For myself, I want to give so much but the world gives so little. No one cares about anyone else deep down. We don't find the positive in others and respect them for what they are, instead we criticize them for what they aren't. They label that weakness and the very person who exploited it, did it for personal benefit which is what lays inside us. What we also have inside of us is the ability to care for others unconditionally. Which one do you think is being activated? And whats triggering it? Have you thought about that?

I haven't found my exact path yet. It's frustrating because in the waiting stages it feels as though I have no purpose right now. Finding a balance between surviving in this world and chasing our dreams is difficult. I see everyone I know seeming successful at what they wanted to do. Granted it's all a similar path but they did it or are doing it. School, graduation, job and success. Or join the army, go to school, job and success. I just feel so far from my image of success and sometimes it can bring me down. I just am not content with where I'm at.

Have you ever heard that dejavu is proof that life is pre-determined? Well based on that theory, I haven't had dejavu in a while. Does that mean i'm not on the right path? It feels like i'm lost somewhere. All my friends are gone with girlfriends or wives and looking back on my relationship with them, it seems like they never really valued our friendship. It's even more evident seeing how one person can change how close we are. It seems like the one thing in life that is constant is change.

I've been through so much more than you'll ever know. Some self-inflicted, some not. Some of us live in a never never land right next to peter pan, cause no one wants to grow old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby,
If you were to leave this earth tomorrow you would have touched the lives of more people than you ever would know.
Know that.
Know that you are loved unconditionally, know that you have already succeeded in life because you love, you touch, and you heal others in what you do and in what you don't do.
Know that just because others seem to be traveling through life with apparant outer fortune does not mean that inner wealth has been attained.
Know that even though you have spent your entire life trying to hide your insecurities, you have been loved through the good and the bad. Know that there is not anything more that you would ever have to do to prove your worth to me or to those who love you.
Know that you have been loved before I knew you. Know that you will always be loved no matter how big or small you feel your contributions have been in this large world.
When do you become a man? Maybe it is not when you realize your purpose in life, but when you realize your purpose is not necessarily revealed to you at all; and that the true secret is fullfilling the treasure in seizing the small and tender moments in life rather than trying to do one great thing in life. Know that it's the small things that you do that build up to greatness, the tiny consistent and constant love you share in this world. All things fade away; one thing remains: LOVE.
When do we leave Never Land and become courageous enough to grow old fearlessly? Perhaps when we truly become brave enough to learn to Love without fear.
I love you, sweetie, Your Mom